Input your city and state 2
Juvederm vs. Restylane
Individuals who are facing the natural process of aging now have more options than ever when it comes to diminishing the appearance of unwanted wrinkles and creases. The most popular of the dermal fillers currently on the market are Juvederm and Restylane. Although Juvederm and Restylane share some of the same benefits, they do have some differences and those considering dermal filler injections should consult with a skilled practitioner to learn which treatment option is best for them.
If you are considering having dermal filler injections, contact us today to schedule a consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who can provide guidance for you to make the right choice.
Juvederm vs. Restylane: What You Should Know
Both Juvederm and Restylane are FDA approved and aid in restoring the skin's natural youthfulness and overall vitality. Depending upon personal preference and your desired results, Juvederm and Restylane are both effective treatments for patients 35-60 years of age.
- Both fillers are made from hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance that helps to hydrate and add volume to the skin.
- Each is effective for smoothing wrinkles, sculpting lips, and improving other facial features
- Both are minimally invasive and require little to no recovery time
- Juvederm typically takes a maximum of 24 hours for recovery and Restylane can take anywhere from two to three days for swelling to go down
- Results for Juvederm are reported to appear instantly and the results for Restylane won't be as evident until about a week after the procedure
- The results of Juvederm typically lasts from three to nine months while results for Restylane can last for six months or more
Juvederm or Restylane: Which One Is Right For You?
If you are considering getting Juvederm or Restylane injections, it is important to have a full understanding of the risks and benefits of each option. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who will help you determine which dermal filler treatment is right for you.