Input your city and state 2
Hair Damage Treatment
Hair damage treatment is all about knowing what products are right for your hair type and taking the necessary steps to ensure that your hair is protected throughout the day. Keeping your hair feeling healthy and looking great is fairly simple to do once you are informed about the steps needed for treating hair damage. There are several products to use and precautions you can take to maintain healthy hair that helps you to feel your best all year long.
What Causes Hair Damage?
Hair damage can be caused by a variety of factors, most of which are preventable, including:
- The way you style your hair- Wearing your hair in a tight ponytail or braid every day will eventually cause traction alopecia, which is caused by trauma to the hair follicles and can cause them to easily break.
- UV rays- Staying out of the sun is not only good for your skin, but can be beneficial to your hair too.
- Coloring hair often- Although keeping up the color in your hair may help with your self-esteem, all the chemicals can be potentially harmful.
Products To Use For Hair Damage Treatment
There are many products now on the market that will help treat hair damage and prevent your life from becoming a series of bad hair days.
- Anti-dryness mousses and gels- These products help chemically treated hair from being dry and dull while protecting it from the sun.
- Color preserving masques- Hair masques not only help preserve your color but they also prevent dehydration and harmful chemicals from reaching the follicle.
- Brushes, headbands and rubber bands- By using the correct brushes and hair accessories to pull back your hair, you can prevent breakage from occurring and keep your hair healthy and full.
Consult a Hair Stylist about Treating Damaged Hair
If you have questions about treating dry or damaged hair, you should consult with an experienced hair stylist who can provide you with further tips for keeping your hair healthy.
Interested in hair transplant surgery? To learn more about hair loss replacement and related cosmetic procedures, please click here. We will put you in touch with a board certified plastic surgeon near you.